Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Watch your Vocabulary**

*Before discussing more in depth about this infographic I will first be stating that this blog post is not for the intent of pointing a finger at anyone who has or will say these phrases on a day-to-day basis. I have, in past times, said sentence/phrases shown in the image below with no awareness of other ears around me and I now am more conscious of considerations of what I say and how I say it . My opinions and what I currently stand for may differ from yours. This blog, “Glamorizing Mental Illness,” has posts and will have posts of high controversy and all opinions are welcome in a respectful approach. *




This infographic shows phrases that have obvious reasons on what is offensive to, say a person suffering from a disorder of the ones mentioned in the infographic. The purpose of this informative picture is to be a reminder that Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, Insomnia etc… are medical diagnoses that tens of thousands individuals are living with for a lifetime.

1 comment:

  1. I would be interested in a post about the overdiagnosing and self-diagnosing of social anxiety disorder. Is there any research about this? Students now tend to tell me that they have a social anxiety disorder where in years past they would reference a fear of public speaking. That's not a psychological disorder, that's needing practice in adult skills.

    ReplyDelete